The Blacksburg (VA) Church of Christ is seeking a campus minister (or husband-wife team) to lead ministry and evangelistic efforts at Virginia Tech, Radford University, and other local colleges, as well as with college age individuals within the community. The applicant must be relatable to both believing and non-believing college age individuals, and be able to work effectively in the campus environment to: (1) encourage the individual Christian’s spiritual growth and desire to serve in the Kingdom of God; (2) assimilate them into all facets of congregational life; and (3) equip them to share the Gospel with non-believers. We have funding in place, a campus ministry house, and a Campus Ministry Support Team (CMST) to help with coordination and support of activities. For a complete job description, and more information, please see the campus ministry page on our website: www.blacksburgchurchofchrist.org/new-page-65
1. A passion for spreading God's word in the college campus environment.
2. Experience with a healthy campus ministry either as a student, leader, or minister.
3. Ability to effectively teach publicly, in small groups, and one on one.
4. Mature and confident in faith, with a firm Biblical knowledge and understanding.
5. Personable, approachable, hospitable, active, and a good listener.
6. Minimum education requirement – BS or BA college degree
7. Available to start by August 1, 2021, or earlier, in preparation for start of fall semester
If interested in being considered, please submit an application of appropriate information including a resume highlighting experience, education and training, and a cover letter to BCOC@me.com (or postal address below), with subject title of: Campus Ministry
Blacksburg Church of Christ
Attention: Ronald “Chip” Worley
315 Eakin Street, SE
Blacksburg, VA. 24060
NAME: Ronald “Chip” Worley (elder liaison for CMST)
PHONE NUMBER: 540–552–1331 (church office)
EMAIL ADDRESS: BCOC@me.com
Salary negotiable based on experience - position open until filled.