Add a Listing to This Page
To add a listing, please fill out our online submission form. Our administrators publish all approved submissions in 1-2 business days.
Please note that all listings automatically expire after 6 months. To renew a listing that is nearing expiration, see below.
Renew a Listing
If the position you listed is still open and its expiration is nearing, you can renew your listing and it will be extended for an additional 3 months. Listings can continue to be renewed as many times as needed until the position is filled.
To renew your listing, please send a request to the webmaster and specify which listing is yours.
Remove a Listing
If you placed a listing on this page that has since been filled or is no longer open, please send a message to the webmaster and specify which listing it is so that we can remove it.
Full-time Pulpit Minister
The Van church has 150 members with 4 elders and 4 deacons. Van is a thriving and growing town located in beautiful East Texas.
Our ideal candidate will be a family man with at least two years of post-secondary education in Biblical Studies (degree preferred), five years of experience in preaching and evangelizing in a church of Christ, a proven track record of church growth from previous pulpit positions and who is motivated by a love for God and for people of all ages and backgrounds. We are looking for a minister with a supportive wife who is involved in his ministry and church activities.
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily limited to:
• Preparing and preaching sermons for two Sunday services and teaching Bible lessons for Wednesday evening and other classes as directed by the elders.
• Seeking out and conducting personal evangelistic Bible studies w/in the community.
• Fostering spiritual growth and development of members through preaching/teaching
• Cooperative leadership with our elders and deacons as part of our leadership team.
• Officiating at weddings and funerals for congregation members.
• Spiritual counseling for congregation members as needed.
• Working with other worship leaders on organized and effective worship services.
• Preparing church bulletin with assistance from the church secretary.
• Working a full and fair week while also balancing his time to allow for rest and the needs of his family.
Total compensation will be based on experience, education and qualifications. Use of a nice family sized house adjacent to the church facilities is provided as part of the compensation package (utilities not included).
Please submit cover letter, resume, three recent sermon samples (at least one video), personal and professional references and salary requirements to: Minister Search Committee, Van church of Christ, 199 Cherry Lane, Van, TX 75790, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.