Add a Listing to This Page
To add a listing, please fill out our online submission form. Our administrators publish all approved submissions in 1-2 business days.
Please note that all listings automatically expire after 6 months. To renew a listing that is nearing expiration, see below.
Renew a Listing
If the position you listed is still open and its expiration is nearing, you can renew your listing and it will be extended for an additional 3 months. Listings can continue to be renewed as many times as needed until the position is filled.
To renew your listing, please send a request to the webmaster and specify which listing is yours.
Remove a Listing
If you placed a listing on this page that has since been filled or is no longer open, please send a message to the webmaster and specify which listing it is so that we can remove it.
Summary: The Preaching Evangelist will be expected to function within the spiritual framework of ministry as described in God's word. He shall function in his duties directly under the oversight of the elders and in collaboration with a fellow Evangelist and church secretary. His primary duties shall be preaching, adult education, evangelism, and overall congregational care.
Basic Work Responsibilities
1. Preach weekly sermons
2. Teach Bible class on Sunday or Wednesday night
3. Assist in leading a LIFE group which currently meets twice a month
4. Maintain a close working relationship with elders, deacons, and full-time staff members
5. Work as a team to promote and support all "congregational" programs and activities
2. Age: 35 to 55 years of age, but spiritual maturity is the primary consideration
3. Married – whose wife is supportive and desires to be actively involved in the ministry of the Salina church family.
4. Children (preferred, but willing to consider ALL qualified candidates)
5. Previous experience in holding to Scripture in personal and professional life
6. Education: Formal spiritual preparation for ministry through a recognized Christian College/University or School of Preaching associated with churches of Christ.
7. Good work ethic, self-motivated, willing to lead
8. Ability and willingness to teach the Word of God
9. Able to relate to all age groups
10. Sees himself as a team-oriented individual working with elders, deacons, staff and the congregation as a whole
Description of Congregation:
Salina church of Christ is a biblically based congregation made up of a diverse group of disciples; between 150-165 in Sunday morning attendance; who love the Lord, one another, and the lost in a community of about 49,000. The congregation is led by three spiritually minded elders and four servant minded deacons who minister in the areas of finance, youth ministry, building and grounds, and evangelism. There is currently one full time evangelist in the congregation. The Salina church of Christ is a very active, mission supporting congregation with an excellent blend of mature members as well as a healthy number youth and young families. We have a very unique mortgage free facility to worship, study and fellowship in. We are looking for an evangelistically minded minister of the Word and His family to come and GROW with us!
Elders - Salina church of Christ
1646 N. 9th Street
Salina, KS 67401