The following are some very basic figures and ranges for student income and basic expenses related to housing and school.
Suggested Income (Needs vary for each person/family)
- Singles: $1,500 to $1,800 per month (based on shared rent/utilities)
- Married without children: $1,800 to $2,500 per month
- Married with children (family of four): $2,500 to $4,000 per month
- SIBI students who qualify may receive G.I. Bill Benefits.
Housing (Keyword in this list is "UP")
- Efficiency apartments: $400 & UP per month (plus bills)
- Apartments (many to choose from in city)
- One bedroom: $500 & UP per month
- Two bedroom: $700 & UP per month
- Varied plans for which utilities renter must pay (approx. $200 per month on average for utilities)
- Houses (all sizes and prices in city)
- Two bedroom: $675 & UP per month
- Three bedroom: $850 & UP per month
- Approx. $300 per month for utilities.
- Phone: Renter's responsibility
- Insurance (Health Insurance is required)
- Opportunities to secure a policy available through local insurance companies
- Approximately $50-$150 per term (required books only)
- Class Fees (due at registration)
- $120 per term for full-time student
- $20 per course for part-time or auditing student
- Child Care at SIBI (during school hours only)
- One child: $2 per hour
- Two children: $3 per hour
- Three children: $4 per hour
- Lunch is not provided; children eat with parent(s).
- One domestic campaign required before graduation.
- One foreign campaign required before graduation (approx. cost $1,000 to $1,500).
- Summer internship opportunities may be available to fill these requirements.